First date ideas aren’t easy to conjure up when your heart is racing and you’re still wondering just a little about why they actually said they’d go. You’re amazing, we know, but it’s still mind blowing that the person of your possible dreams said yes! You don’t just need some regular first date ideas. You need some first date ideas that will help you make a great impression in Boston!
We’re here to help. We scoured the web, harried our friends, called upon Emma’s enormous body of knowledge (Emma, I said your knowledge is huge, not your body. Seriously. You get first dates with knowledge that big? Ha!) to give you the best first date ideas in Boston.
Provided neither of you is sketchy and you’ve had at least a few minutes of conversation prior, meeting up for dinner can be a nice first date idea. Boston has loads of great places to go on a first date and we’ve selected 10 places that are interesting, fun, and will impress at least in a quirky way.
- Kaze Shabu Shabu – Boiling broth on a table makes for an interesting meal experience!
- Cuchi Cuchi – Oh, Tapas!
- Pho Republique – Amazing Vietnamese
- Meyers & Chang – Asian Fusion
- Addis Red Sea – Ethiopian
- Finale – Dessert’s a win!
- Tapeo – Tapas is an easy first date idea and delicious variety!
- Bacco – Italiano! Taste Boston’s North End in style.
- Mike’s Pastry – Pair with with coffee after Bacco or get sugared up directly!
- L’espalier – French. Oh, the French! Emma, this is for you.
If you’re broke or full, walking along the minuteman trail, finding a quiet spot along the Charles, or splashing in fountains atop the Big Dig all heap together as some great first date ideas to try out in Boston.
If you’re a local and would like to add some insight or even more ideas, please check in with a comment! Thanks!